5 Benefits of a Wood Fence
There are many different types of fencing material, but wood remains a ubiquitous choice, popular for its natural beauty and affordability. Not only is it easy to find a wooden fence that’s the right size, height, and color for your property, but it’s also easy to maintain a wooden fence. Repairs are as simple as replacing a board, and changing the look of your fence is as easy as a coat of paint or some new stain. What’s so great about wooden fences? Here five benefits of installing a wooden fence.
- Wooden fences are affordable and durable. Because wood is natural and abundant, the price of wood fencing stays reasonably low as compared to things like wrought iron, aluminum, or vinyl. When a wood fence is professionally installed and properly maintained, it can last for decades and remain attractive.
- Maintaining a wooden fence is simple. With simple soap and water, you can keep your fence clean, and by treating it with paint, stain, or water repellant you can protect it from damage. If a panel becomes warped or damaged, it’s easy to repair by replacing individual boards.
- The variety of wooden fences available is nearly endless. You can choose from pine, spruce, cedar, cypress, or redwood, painted or stained in the color of your choice. Since regular repainting or staining is a smart way to maintain your fence, you could conceivably change the color every year! What’s more, fences come in styles like board on board, split rail, picket, paddock, shadowbox, stockade, and many more, and can be customized to be the right height and width for your property. Because it’s so versatile, wooden fencing can complement just about any setting.
- Wooden fencing is environmentally friendly. Because it’s a renewable resource, wood is a good option for those who are eco-conscious. What’s more, there is an increasing number of treatments that can protect wooden fences from rot and pests, yet are environmentally-friendly.
- A wooden fence can increase your property value. Wood fences provide security and privacy, which are both appealing to home buyers. What’s more, wooden fences can keep your kids and pets safe and make your yard more enjoyable to use, which increases your property’s value for you for as long as you live in the house.
If you’re ready for a new fence, call Paramount Fence for professional installation. A full-service fence sales and installation business in the Chicagoland area, with more than half a century of combined experience, we’re dedicated to providing creative and affordable solutions that address our clients’ needs and fulfill their requests. Paramount Fence is a member of the American Fence Association and a registered member of the Better Business Bureau. For more information, call us at 630-239-2714 or contact us through our website.