If you want a fence that’s durable, practical, and low-maintenance, a chain link fence may be the perfect choice for you. Chain link is also a wonderful option if you’re looking for a residential fence that will contain pets and kids and won’t break your budget. For most people, the only thing that puts a damper on the idea of getting a residential chain link fence is its appearance. Chain link fences are workhorses, but they’re not very pretty. Is there anything you can do to improve the look of your chain link fence?
- Privacy slats are easy to install and afford you additional privacy. Typically available through your fence company, these slats are designed to slide into the chain link and lock. They come in a variety of colors and can add interest as well as privacy. These slats are made of polyethylene, and can be removed if you decide to go back to the traditional look of chain link.
- Keeping your fence clean and rust free will benefit its appearance. Chain link fences are not particularly decorative, but keeping them clean and in good repair can make them more attractive. Clean with a wire brush and soapy water, and if your fence develops rust, use rust-dissolving naval jelly to eliminate it. Once your chain link fence is clean and dry, spray with liquid automobile wax to protect it.
- Plants can be trained to climb up and cover chain link fences. Morning glories, ivy, jasmine, and even blueberry plants or vegetables can be used to naturally enhance the look of your chain link fence. Carefully planned, a fence covered in foliage can improve your curb appeal.
- Bamboo panels are a unique way to camouflage a chain link fence. Typically available in 8-foot sections that come in varying heights up to 7 feet, bamboo panels can be wired directly into the chain link fencing. This gives the fence a more natural look than the usual chain link.
- You can get creative with your fence. A quick internet search yields no shortage of artistic ideas for chain link fencing. People cover their fences in glass beads or plastic cups in interesting patterns, weave through the links with yarn or ribbons, hang bird houses, and much more. How you decorate your fence is limited only by your imagination!
If you’re ready for a new chain link fence, call Paramount Fence for professional installation. We’re a full-service fencing company in the Chicagoland area, proudly serving the following counties in Illinois: Kane, DuPage, Kendall, DeKalb, McHenry, and parts of Cook, Will and Lake. With more than half a century of combined experience, we’re dedicated to providing creative and affordable solutions that address our clients’ needs and fulfill their requests. Paramount Fence is a member of the American Fence Association and a registered member of the Better Business Bureau. For more information, call us at 630.239.2714 or contact us through our website.